glamourmash

Thursday, August 16, 2012

SHARK WEEK

I scream, you scream, we all scream for SHARK WEEK!!!!!!

Does anyone else around here just completely lose their shit during Shark Week? I am totally glued to the TV and agitated with anything that interrupts my viewing time. Nothing gets between me and my shark.

Unless, of course, it's a Shark Week Party... In honor of this epic week of fantasticness on the Discovery Channel, I threw a Shark Week Party at my house last night and it was a blast. I wanted to make some kind of shark themed cocktail and snack for the party. I finally settled on shark cookies decorated to look like the Jaws Movie Poster. I admit, I was lazy. I used pre-made sugar cookie mix and buttercream frosting which I dyed blue for the body. I then piped on black frosting for the mouth and eyes. 


My boyfriend made ahi poke and actual shark so we could eat shark while we watched sharks... is that messed up? Maybe, but it was delicious!

Finally, I made some "shark infested waters" cocktails, which is two parts Bacardi Zombie mix, 1 part 7-Up, 1 part Lemonade, 1 part Vodka and a splattering of swedish fish and a cocktail umbrella for looks.



Is anyone else out there loving Shark Week?



15 comments:

  1. haha, i love this for shark week. perfect!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE! Gotta love Shark Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I love these! I adore shark week. It's a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a goddamn genius. I love this. The cookies are awesome and I am like you...the world stops for Shark Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you did this! I saw another shark week themed party and I was freaking. My husband and son LOVE Shark Week...we named our son Reef for crying out loud..this is awesome..you are more and more kick ass with each post..we need to hang :)
    Sheree x
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sharks!!!
    Τhanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Wishing you the best for the weekend!!!
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ummm these are amazing Holly! I'm not a huge shark week fan (don't hate me!), but I would have loved an invitation to your sharky shindig ;) so fun! enjoy your weekend! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shark cookies are too cute! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh sooo lovely ! :D

    kiss kiss from Switzerland :*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute!

    XO,
    Elizabeth
    www.tonicofwildness.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh i need to make these for the boys - so following you now!
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness you are crazy! I do not like shark week AT ALL!! I live at the beach so I like to pretend they're aren't sharks in the water and it's kind of hard to pretend when you watch shark week. Love your cookies though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. those shark week cookies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those shark week cookies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please be sure to include your info so I can visit your blog as well. If you would like to follow, I would love to follow you right back! xx -holly foxen wells

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...